How to control our emotions in financial failures

 

financial failures

Trentham launched The Simple Dollar in 2006 after a complete financial crisis. Trent decided to settle his financial situation first and pay off his debts. Within eight months, he was able to pay off all his credit card debts and vehicle installments, as well as set up an emergency fund. After that, he decided to share what he learned with the world and help those who are in the same situation. In this article, he explains the negative emotions and their impact on financial problems and shares with us ways to combat this extra expense. we speak about financial failures in this article.

These emotions lead us to certain behaviors in life, some of which are positive and some of which are negative.

We call our mother because we feel guilty for not talking to her for a long time.

We miss our meals because we feel ashamed of our overeating and body shape.

We never invite anyone to our house because we feel bad about the disorder in our house.

These feelings may or may not describe you, but for many of you, at times, the negative feeling affects how you use money in life.

I confess that this has happened to me more than once. I feel bad about what has happened in my life and I somehow convince myself that spending money is the solution to this problem.

I enrolled in the club because I was disappointed and ashamed of my fitness, but I never used it as much as I paid.

I would go out and eat with others because I did not want my house to be tidy and I was ashamed for others to see this mess.

I was buying treatment for myself because I was feeling sad and I did not want to feel that way anymore.

Negative emotions have created many costly and useless expenses in my life. Sometimes, they still create. It took me about half my life to solve this problem.

So, what have I learned about negative emotions and financial control?

First, throwing money at a negative feeling almost never really destroys it. It may stop the feeling for a while, but it does come back – and sometimes it does by force.

Buying does not eliminate sin. It does not eliminate shame. It does not eliminate embarrassment. These things will continue to happen, and sometimes it will get worse if you simply use the money to solve the problem.

Secondly, having a tactical toolbox really helps to resolve negative emotions. Often when there is a wave of negative emotions in you, you want to do something to feel your power, to control it. Buying something to get rid of it temporarily is definitely one way, but, as mentioned above, it is not the best way and often has financial consequences.

Instead, I have a number of different tactics that I use when I am frustrated, angry, or upset.

I prefer to walk in nature. Being in nature seems to simply boost my mood. It is a combination of the nature around me and the natural sunlight on my skin.

I do heavy exercise. It really does not matter what sport I do, as long as I breathe and sweat. This is enough to release a large wave of endorphins, which is a natural mood enhancer.

I take the time to fix something. I found that directing negative emotions to make something is a great way to destroy it. I cook a simple soup or homemade bread. I write a short story or make a video. The act of creating something often eliminates negative emotions at no cost.

I call an old friend. I simply find several old friends and send them a positive message. Something about this process really clears up negative feelings for me, I feel like I sent a positive message to the world.

Third, the negative emotions that often occur are likely to have something to do with it, and understanding why is worth the time. Sometimes this can actually be a condition such as depression, but more often it is a feeling of tiredness or other negative feelings that come from everyday life.

Take the time to find what makes you feel negative and then stop. Destroying it creates a purpose in your life. It may be a short-term goal or a long-term goal, but it should be something you strive for on a daily basis.

That way, when a negative feeling arises, you can tell yourself that it has gotten better and have real evidence of it. Over time, you can actually get rid of this negative feeling.

For example, if your home is crowded and cluttered, start getting rid of the things you have at home. Organize everything you have and create a mountain of tools you want to get rid of and sell them. Of course, if the tool is not very useful to you, you can throw it away or give it to someone who needs it.

If you are not satisfied with your appearance, go on a diet or exercise. Focus on this for a few months, reduce your daily calories, set a daily routine, and make these changes your main goal.

If you are not happy with the relationships in your life, work on those relationships. Spend more time with them or find new ways to solve your problems.

If something in your life is causing negative emotions, prioritize it and find a solution to that problem (whatever it is). These negative feelings are the result of your life telling you that this part of your life needs more attention; So pay more attention to that part of your life.

Finally, creating a normal flow of preventative measures will help you to avoid negative emotions. These are a combination of techniques that prevent certain negative emotions from occurring, as well as some general tactics that can help you not get too hard on yourself.

There are many small things that can create a positive outlook on the world for us, and such an outlook can significantly reduce the impact of the problems that many of us face; Such a view turns negative energy generators into minor problems.

Here I would like to share with you some of the things I do on a daily or weekly basis that seem to really help me to be more positive.

I have a note of appreciation. Every day, I write down 5 good things that have happened to me and that I am grateful for. This booklet is a constant reminder that reminds me that I have many good things in my life. I can always look at that notebook and remind myself of the abundance of good things in my life.

I go out every day for a certain amount of time. Maybe I should go for a walk. Maybe I’m working on some kind of project. Maybe I should go to the park and sit on the park bench and read a book. In any case, I go out and do something, something in a different environment where there is sun and fresh air.

I meditate. This is very easy, but nothing like meditation can reduce your anxiety. I close my eyes for ten minutes and think only of my inhale and exhale. If my mind wanders to something else, I slowly gather my senses just by breathing.

I drink a lot of water. It is incredibly effective and it changes my mood and makes me much more positive. I can literally notice when I’ve not had enough water.

I plan a social event (like a party) at home. I’m an introvert, so social events are stressful for me, but planning for a social event that interacts with the people who matter to me is very refreshing. In addition, it directly motivates me to be careful about things that might make me feel negative.

It is very easy for negative emotions to take control of our thoughts and lead us in a direction that is not financially or in any other aspect of our lives.

Having a toolbox to deal with these negative emotions when they suddenly appear in your mind is very effective, and having some regular techniques that keep you from falling into the trap of negative thoughts is invaluable.

If you feel that you want to make financial and personal mistakes due to negative emotions, consider using the above tools so that you can find a better way to move forward, then your wallet and life will thank you.

Strangest Secrets of Earl Nightingale

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keys to Ensure a Smooth Rebranding

Can your Grandmother be among successful entrepreneurs ?

How to accelerate our success in business and personal life